"My spring break"
So even though I'm working and Robert's working (he had spring break last week but did his internship anyways- which is so sad to me because it's his last spring break) and I would have rather traveled somewhere. anywhere. This time last year, we went to Cancun. This year, we're at home. So I am viewing this week as our Spring Break because we have company! That means I get to rest some and let other people wear Izzy out. Actually she will wear them out, but regardless, this Mommy gets some REST! Also to see/hang out with people I love!
Tuesday, my BFF, Sarah C came to visit for the day and we had a really good time. A little catching up, but mostly we just picked up where we left off from the last time we saw each other - like 6 months ago! (it's sad, but we only get together a few times a year) Izzy had just started smiling then and now she is doing TONS more so Sarah seemed suprised/impressed with her. We didn't do our usual- going to a coffee house like we used to, but we enjoyed the awesome sunny day visiting at McAlisters, eating yummy food, then spent the afternoon in the living room, windows open, drinking sweet tea and eating cookies! I think it's really funny that one of Sarah's comments about watching Izzy was "Wow, this is like a full-time job!" Yep, I said, I have 2 full time jobs and I love it! It was so nice to see her, talk about the past and present. Having a long-time best friend is just fun like that. I just wish we lived closer. Come back anytime Sarah!
Tuesday night my parents and Grandma came and we stayed up visiting some...Wednesday I was able to take a good 3 hr nap, then wake up and have dinner with my parents (thanks for cooking Mom!!), Grandma, Great Uncle Joe & Aunt Betty and Izzy. Robert had to stay late at his internship so sadly, I missed seeing him, but that's okay, I'll get to see him lots in the next 2 days. (I have a surprise planned for Robert on Friday and can't wait for that!!!)
Anyhow, it was pretty crazy in the afternoon, getting ready for work, helping finish dinner, eating, feeding Izzy, cleaning up Izzy, making sure she didn't grab everything off the table, explaining all of Izzy's schedule and then out the door to work - 12hrs tonight...but that's my life. Always busy, always on the go and always hosting in some way it seems! (and I wonder why Izzy is so busy- gets it from her Mama!)
I am sooooo looking forward to having long naps and being able to get a decent' nights sleep after work for the rest week. I need it so badly! Thanks so much Mom & Dad for giving up your spring break so I can have a break too!
Tuesday, my BFF, Sarah C came to visit for the day and we had a really good time. A little catching up, but mostly we just picked up where we left off from the last time we saw each other - like 6 months ago! (it's sad, but we only get together a few times a year) Izzy had just started smiling then and now she is doing TONS more so Sarah seemed suprised/impressed with her. We didn't do our usual- going to a coffee house like we used to, but we enjoyed the awesome sunny day visiting at McAlisters, eating yummy food, then spent the afternoon in the living room, windows open, drinking sweet tea and eating cookies! I think it's really funny that one of Sarah's comments about watching Izzy was "Wow, this is like a full-time job!" Yep, I said, I have 2 full time jobs and I love it! It was so nice to see her, talk about the past and present. Having a long-time best friend is just fun like that. I just wish we lived closer. Come back anytime Sarah!
Tuesday night my parents and Grandma came and we stayed up visiting some...Wednesday I was able to take a good 3 hr nap, then wake up and have dinner with my parents (thanks for cooking Mom!!), Grandma, Great Uncle Joe & Aunt Betty and Izzy. Robert had to stay late at his internship so sadly, I missed seeing him, but that's okay, I'll get to see him lots in the next 2 days. (I have a surprise planned for Robert on Friday and can't wait for that!!!)
Anyhow, it was pretty crazy in the afternoon, getting ready for work, helping finish dinner, eating, feeding Izzy, cleaning up Izzy, making sure she didn't grab everything off the table, explaining all of Izzy's schedule and then out the door to work - 12hrs tonight...but that's my life. Always busy, always on the go and always hosting in some way it seems! (and I wonder why Izzy is so busy- gets it from her Mama!)
I am sooooo looking forward to having long naps and being able to get a decent' nights sleep after work for the rest week. I need it so badly! Thanks so much Mom & Dad for giving up your spring break so I can have a break too!

Comments
Post a Comment