I am blessed
My work schedule has me gone 3 nights a week, so Robert is on his own for bedtime with Izzy those nights. Fortunatly, Izzy goes to bed at 8pm (just 1 1/2 hours after I leave) so he plays with her, gives her a bath and bottle, reads, sings to, prays with and puts her to bed each night. (And Izzy usually goes down like a champ.)
Robert has a full day with school and a tiring internship, and I barely get to see him on my work nights. And man, I miss him tons! Being alone with Izzy in the daytime is fun, but I am really missing Robert more and more these days. The past few weeks have been harder and that has me thinking about how incredibly blessed I am. We live far away from family, but my husband and I are still blessed with a very sweet baby, who is healthy and happy as can be, and best of all, I have a devoted husband whom I love more every day.
I am thankful that he wants me to rest as much as possible, and that he doesn't mind taking care of a lot of the cooking and cleaning, so there is less for me to do when I am at home. With Izzy, he just picks up where I leave off and takes amazing care of her. He's such a great dad! My heart fills with pride when I see him caring for our daughter, like when he is feeding her food, he is patient; when he is dressing her, he is careful; when he is bathing her, he is super cautious, but makes sure she is having fun, or when I hear him singing lullabyes or fun songs to her, reading her goofy books, she just glows with joy. He is her comforter and she loves to be playing with him. He is her Daddy and he loves her and he loves me!
Even though I'll go home in a few hours this morning and just barely get to see Robert for a few minutes, I will fall asleep with thanksgiving in my heart for my many, many blessings.
This is the sweetest post ever. I know it is hard right now, but focusing on the good is the best thing to do. You guys continue to be in my prayers!
ReplyDelete