Birthday Weekend

Happy Birthday to my 2 Sweeties! Life is a blast with the 2 of you! I love you so much!!
 
Posted by Picasa

This weekend my sweet husband, Robert turned 28. Considering I have dated him since we were 18/19, it means almost a decades of birthday together - big wow for me!
We had Izzy's family birthday planned for his actual bday, but we were able to take our 1st overnight trip without Izzy. We went to Nashville for Sunday and Monday. It turned out to be a wonderful trip - and both of us were reminded of how it used to be - me & him traveling around, sans a kiddo, and just doing whatever we wanted, no worries about sippycups, bibs, noise levels, bedtimes, bathtimes, etc!! We got a hotel downtown, ate his favorite Italian food, enjoyed coffee together, shopping and perusing books. We also were able to talk a whole lot and even sleep in! I'm so glad we took the time to have a weekend getaway together! I am so very thankful God put this Florida boy in my life so long ago! I don't know what I'd do without him!

To start the (VERY BUSY)weekend off, my parents & Grandma came over from AR. Our little miss social-bug, Izzy was ecstatic of course to have more people to play with, listen to and "talk" to. She entertained everyone the whole time and was completely adorable as usual. She also enjoyed more cake and ice cream too - the girl knows how to eat, let me tell ya! I'm pretty sure she ate her weight in food this weekend. At least we do not have a picky eater on our hands!



For her party, I kept it simple and let her play most of the day (but she only wanted to be at our feet), we had taco salad for lunch, Izzy opened presents, ate cupcakes, and then she played some more. we even made it to the pool to cool down.
If you can believe it, it was actually my first time to make cupcakes. They weren't bad. I'll have to keep trying to make them though!

One of my favorite moments was when she opened her card from aunt Cheree, it played "Part of your world" from The Little Mermaid. She held it close to her and listened to it many times - just sitting there, squatted and with the card up to her ear! She is such a precious girl! She was even oblivious to us giggling at her, flashing photos and all of her new toys.

Izzy already knew exactly what to do when see sees cake/cupcakes and did not appreciate her Happy Birthday song this time...

Feeling much happier when she got ahold of her cupcake! Yay for Yummy messes!

She got plenty of neat toys, books, clothes and even a pool. I can't wait until we move and set up the pool, being the water baby she is, I know she will L-O-V-E it! She would have had more gifts to open but for the past month, Robert has been letting her "open" some gifts to play with... Such a lucky girl - she has been celebrating her first birthday for over a month now!

Thank-you Mom & Dad for keeping Izzy (and therefore keeping my peace of mind) while we jetted off to Nashville. I know you didn't mind, but we really appreciate you guys being flexible and staying an extra day to accommodate us! You guys are great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever