Memphis Zoo...lots of pictures!
Izzy went to the Memphis Zoo with her friend Kaden today and had a blast. With temps reaching 97 degrees today, I was a bit nervous about how everything would go, but Izzy did really great. I'm proud of her. I think I was more stressed out than Izzy - from packing so much, staying up late, feeling wiped out in general from the hectic mess at home and all the packing I still have to do, but Izzy didn't even seem to notice the hot temps or Momma's stress.
Thanks to snacks, Izzy just enjoyed the morning and every now and then noticed an animal or 2... And 1/2 bag of goldfish, a handful of puffs, 1/2 cup yogurt melts, 1 cup of milk, 2 cups of water LATER, Izzy was still trucking along nicely. Only one little fit when I would not let her touch the wagon wheel as it spun around...The other time she got cranky it was past her naptimes, and time for lunch! she had part of my chicken strips and part of her corn dog while watching monkeys swing around (outside), not her friend Kaden!
"sooo...Kaden - do you know where are we?"
Welcome to the Memphis Zoo
"Mommy, why are we next to a big rock?"
(I hate that she was upset at first -that's why there aren't too many smiley pictures at first), but I had just pinched her leg when I first buckled her in the wagon. I felt terrible, but she forgave me!

Izzy getting used to the Red Wagon while Kaden is still trying to figure out what Izzy is up to!
It didn't take long and she made herself very comfortable!!
Our favorite part of the day was the swimming POLAR BEARS!! such a neat part of the Zoo!
I'm pretty sure Izzy wanted to swim with Polar Bear!
Momma - why are their necks soo long?
(just ignore how sweaty & gross we look - it was very HOT out!!)
Kaden didn't care that Izzy ate all his food and tried to steal his drinks, but he was a bit upset that Izzy kept stomping on his toes...so this is how he rode for a bit! Sorry Kaden - Izzy takes up a lot of space! haha...they kept us laughing!
Kaden & Izzy checking out a big snake - no fear kiddos! Leslie & I were not a fan of the herpetarium (snake house)!
love the pics! the wagon is a great idea. looks like you guys had lots of fun :)
ReplyDeletewe did have a lot of fun. I hope to go back to the zoo when it's cooler. maybe we can go with you guys? ...we hope to get her the same wagon soon - she LOVED it!
ReplyDelete