Life these days is full of wonder...
Izzy continues to inspire me and surprise us each day. She turned one this last week, and now I am getting emails that say "your toddler" should be doing ... instead of "your baby" or "your infant" I used to get those emails when they would say your baby is the size of a lemon or a canteloupe, etc. Now I'm already getting notices about what my toddler is doing! yikes!!! Time is flyin! Of course, I am enjoying the wonder of simple things and the surprises that Izzy is full of.
A nice surprise was that in the process of weaning Izzy from breast to cup and also to whole milk, she transitioned very smoothly and it only took 2 weeks to do so. I was impressed with her. Others moms had all kinds of advice and horror stories about weaning and trying to get their babies to drink from a cup. Izzy only complained for 1 day, then figured it out. Smart girl.
She walks on her tipy-toes. Never saw a baby do that, but she can practically run on her toes. Perhaps that is why it was 2 months before she was really comfortable walking and was so cautious. Maybe she will be a famous ballernia?
Last week when Mom & Dad were here, I was making pancakes for breakfast and Izzy was wandering around the kitchen and dining room when she got quiet. I looked over to see what mischief she was in and saw she had reached up and grabbed orange slices off the table and was happily eating away. Never ate oranges before that.
She is not cautious when it comes to her safety. Not long after she started walking, she was climbing. Climbed onto the dishwasher when I wasn't looking, climbed up her baby gate one day, climbed onto the coffee table and tries to climb any stairs that she sees. She pretty much throws caution to the wind and goes for whatever she wants to! I really like that about her, but because of her active free spirit, we have to keep a close eye on her!
We were playing ball with her and praising her for throwing/rolling the ball by clapping for her, and then she started clapping for herself. Such a cutie.
With Memphis having record-breaking temps this past week, I got Izzy some Limeaid Popscicles for a treat and she knew exactly what to do with it. She didn't care that is was freezing cold or sour lemonaid, and she ate it all up. I attempted to help push the rest of it up for her, and she would not have any of that - had to do it all herself! How can someone so little be so independent? I guess she gets that from me too!
This morning after work, I was lying in bed, with Izzy bouncing all over the place when she came over and hugged me on my back. Then she started to bite me - or so I thought. I was too tired to move, but soon I realized she wasn't biting me, she was blowing raspberries on my back, making the craziest (farting sounding) noises - and kept doing that for 10 minutes. She had Robert & I laughing so hard, I was crying. How do babies learn to do these things?
A rare moment when she falls asleep hard BEFORE bedtime because she has played so hard. We like these moments. and we love that she has pretty much always slept 11-12 hours every night since 2 months!
Comments
Post a Comment