MOVED to Nashville!!
For those of you who don't know, we have officially moved to Nashville and are doing great!
here is the house we are staying at (with our family, the Allgoods)
and Izzy really likes it here! Izzy really loves our new place - staying with family, above the garage. Izzy is LOVIN' all the open rooms and tons of things to explore, not to mention, lots more family to love on her! As always, she continues to be a happy baby girl!
As far as the move, it came and went very quickly. I am so thankful for my parents, who gave up so much of their time (on the anniversary and my mothers birthday no less!) to help us move! Now we are unpacking, trying to get settled, and of course within 2 days I am already at my new job! Busy Izzy learns from her Busy Mama, I guess!
here is a recap of our move : Today is Monday. We moved to Nashville on Saturday. I am completely wiped out. I'm not sure how I got up this morning. Every muscle in my body was screaming at me, but at the same time the excitement of change in jobs and scenery got me going.
A million and one things seemed to have happened since last Wednesday when the major packing process all took place. like I said, we are very thankful for our friends and family who helped us through the move - you are forever appreciated and loved! It was some tough goodbyes for us and we know how blessed we were during our time in Memphis. We moved there and made it our home right away and it was wonderful. We hope to do the same here in Nashville. We also hope to settle here for awhile.
So here's some of what happened during the actual moving process...
8 am Friday: our apartment floods after disconnecting the washer from hookups (think PBC pipe connected to metal that broke off -not our fault) Water poured EVERYWHERE for 20 minutes as my Dad held his finger in place to try and slow it as much as possible.
During all this Robert & I were picking up the moving truck, Izzy pulled a small (empty) pantry on top of herself, but was okay, Mom was trying to call us to call maintenance...then Mom & I were running around with Izzy trying to throw boxes out of the way and find the water connection to turn off. It was pure chaos. After maintenance came and shut off the water, the eventually vacuumed up 80% of it, but we went ahead and loaded up the truck. It was 90 degrees by 9am. It was very humid and we had no water all day. Dad was so hot he jumped in the pool. Robert took a load to Nashville at 11 and didn't get home until 10:30 that night, thanks to traffic. I was supposed to clean and finish packing. without water, that didn't happen. Izzy was clinging to me more than ever and I had to get more boxes to repack the ruined ones. It was a mess.
That afternoon, my bff Sarah drove over from Little Rock to see us one more time, and that was very relaxing in the midst of our crazy day. We laughed a lot and had a nice dinner of leftovers - Mom always knows how to whip up a great meal from nothing it seems.
On Saturday, it was as hot as ever and we soon realized we had more junk than we thought. Izzy was again extra clingy and knew something was up, especially when she saw her crib carried out. I was about to be sad, but I was too hot and tired with a forever long list of things to do still. Thankfully our friend Jeremy was able to come help us. Dad got pretty hot again and ended up leaving with his suburban full at 11. Izzy went home with Jeremy so he & Leslie & Kaden could play with her/watch her while we finished up the packing. (she didn't nap all morning and I had too much to do & couldn't hold her much, so this was extremely helpful!)
Robert was wanting to get on the road to make it to the storage unit in time, so he left around noon. My brother called about that time and wished Mom Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary - I had totally forgotten - my parents are so great to move us on their special days. They are wonderful.
At this point I am looking around the apartment thinking "anyone got a match?" ( as my friends, the Hutsons would have said!)
Since Mom & I were left to finish packing and do all the cleaning (because I simply didn't do any on Friday) I kept packing and taking things down to the cars, when I figured I should try to start Roberts' car. why-because his car hates me. Most of the time it won't start for me, and guess what - it didn't start for me on Saturday. I tried for 10 minutes to start it, then had Mom try too. I admit, we were slightly panicked. I called Robert to come back, and he was was about to turn around. We kept trying to start it anyways. 10 mintues later I finally got the dumb thing going and we left it running for an hour and a half!
So Mom and I rushed through the rest of our cleaning and packing and I went to turn in our keys, grabbed lunch, pick up Izzy and say goodbye to the Gearharts. I dont' think I've ever wanted to get on the road so bad as I did on Saturday, just so I could sit down! Once in the car, Izzy totally conked out and slept most of the way. Not a bad trip for my first trip alone with Izzybug. Mom followed behind and was just as tired! we were beyond tired, and at that point I realized next move we are getting MOVERS to move us!
We made it to Nashville about the same time as Robert and "quickly" unloaded the truck and all 3 cars. The unloading went much faster. We also had more friends come help - Thank-you Andrew, Mark, Katie & Clay!!
It was really nice to be welcomed by a gorgeous Middle Tennessee sunset!
Sunday Robert and I rearranged our living space - we have a king bed (covered with our junk to organize still) our queen bed, Izzy's crib/room and our tv area - all above the garage - and we still have plenty of space for Izzy to run around up there. It's just for a bit, but we have it set up to where we are enjoying our new space just fine.
So now it's 2 days after we moved here, and I'm already in orientation...I will say I feel good about the move and the changes it has brought/will bring. I really like my new hospital so far and I'm looking forward to what changes we will see in our family while in Nashville. Hopefully that will include a job for Robert soon, a 1st house, and a lot more time spent with our families!
Comments
Post a Comment