saying goodbye to Izzy's nursery

Time to move = packing up and painting = one sad mommy and one busy baby girl!
you can't tell I was extremely SAD by looking at these photos, mostly because Izzy just loves to smile and it's contagious!
This week we are packing up our home (we've always been apartment dwellers and are ready to move on to bigger things). Almost 1 1/2 years ago, we painted, decorated and set up Izzy's nursery and waited for her to come. I'd just sit in the rocking chair by the window and watch her kick in my stomach and roll all over the place. Sometimes I would sing her some songs, read her books and dream about what life would be like when I could hold her and look into her precious little eyes! Then she came and we did spend many, many, MANY hours in her room, rocking her, watching her grow, play and explore. And man, has she ever grown! She literally tripled her birth weight and added 10 inches!
Her Giggles are the best!!
Can't get us to look at the same time!

Me & My sweet Isabella!

Nurseries don't last forever, but my memories will!

Izzy's nursery was always a special place for me and I just love to go and sit in there with her while she plays. I may have even locked us both in there and napped on the floor while she roamed around her room happily. (just maybe a few times, when I was trying to survive full-time work and full-time mommy!!) It was a safe room that Izzy had freedom to do whatever in, and it has been so nice! It was also tons of fun to watch Robert learn how to do so much baby care for the first time, and become a pro at it... changing Izzy's diapers and spit up and dressing a little girl... and I remember so many sweet moments that our friends and family had with her in here too! So many wonderful things have happened this year and those are the things I'm going to remember!
9 months of waiting wasn't as bad when I was waiting in her nursery!
It was hard enough during the past year to pack up her clothes as she outgrew them, but I learned it was even harder to literally take everything down, including photos and the wall decor. Tomorrow Robert will paint it and then it will be a boring white room that lacks any personality. I gave Izzy a "pep talk" so she would know what was up and I would feel better about it all. And strangely enough, I did feel better when I started dreaming about her next room and how we would decorate it!
Holding my big girl at 1 month old in her nursery...already had a big tummy then!
5 months old and she already seemed so big then!
8 months old and cruising happily around the room, about to take off walking!
Man, how time flys when your having fun!
So there is another mushy post about a sad-turned happy moment for us!
Hope you enjoy the sweet pictures if you never saw the nursery, cause it's about to be gone!

Comments

  1. these photos are precious. Izzy is so sweet. everything will turn out how it is supposed to. I know this is a tough transition, but you guys will make it work! when you buy your first home, you SOOOOOO have to let me be involved with decorating ideas, I have so many :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the nursery already. a lot actually. but I do look forward to making her new room soon! I would love it if you could come help me decorate!! (hopefully very soon!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever