First Booboo
Izzy is shocked she busted her lip!...(notice the fat upper lip -poor thang)
Izzy is on the verge of trying to walk these days, which is pretty awesome! Another big milestone is exciting, but it also brings more hard times too. It seems with everynew skill she acquires, we have to watch her even closer because she thinks she can do more than she is able. Poor thing seems to be a little clutzy- and is getting more bumps and red spots from little falls these days... I'm sure its normal, but its tough to watch your sweet baby get injured.
Then today, Izzy was playing when she fell face forward, landing on her lip. I picked her up and noticed blood on her mouth and nose immediately. Ug-oh, I was super worried at first, but soon realized she just busted her little lip. Robert was home thankfully, so he held her while I got a cold wet washcloth, pounded some ice, put it inside and let her suck on it. A little orajel, eventually some motrin, and she was happy again. She did want to be held though, so we got to give her some extra lovin'. I guess this is a preview of life to come. Man, watching your baby hurt is tough for a parent!
Food makes everything better?....what a trooper she is! still so sweet.
Izzy is on the verge of trying to walk these days, which is pretty awesome! Another big milestone is exciting, but it also brings more hard times too. It seems with everynew skill she acquires, we have to watch her even closer because she thinks she can do more than she is able. Poor thing seems to be a little clutzy- and is getting more bumps and red spots from little falls these days... I'm sure its normal, but its tough to watch your sweet baby get injured.
Then today, Izzy was playing when she fell face forward, landing on her lip. I picked her up and noticed blood on her mouth and nose immediately. Ug-oh, I was super worried at first, but soon realized she just busted her little lip. Robert was home thankfully, so he held her while I got a cold wet washcloth, pounded some ice, put it inside and let her suck on it. A little orajel, eventually some motrin, and she was happy again. She did want to be held though, so we got to give her some extra lovin'. I guess this is a preview of life to come. Man, watching your baby hurt is tough for a parent!
Food makes everything better?....what a trooper she is! still so sweet.

poor baby girl. hope it heals quickly. is she eating solid food again?
ReplyDeletenot cereal, but she is back to eating some baby foods again. I actually think she's just ready for table food though, so we are starting to introduce more & more to her and she loves to feed herself!
ReplyDelete