...Naps are NOT negotiatble!
So after Izzy's second and third day with her sitter, I feel upset and very frustrated.
Izzy is totally exhausted because she can't get sleep over there, and therefore, acting different. At home, Izzy takes 2 1 & 1/2 - 2 hr naps each day. Over there, she barely sleeps for 30 minutes a day. SO she is tired, cranky, and apparently is a completely different baby. I say no wonder with 2 other babies playing or eating, and the lights on! She is a curious baby and always checking out her surroundings.
We keep hearing that she doesn't crawl all over, wants to be held constantly and screams most of the day. Sound like my baby girl? I think NOT! She NEVER screams and she won't let you hold her and she is constantly on the go, playing by herself and into everything! Talk about a upsetting news for a mommy to hear!!
I sleep in the day so Robert has always dropped her off and picked her up. But on day #3, I went to get her and was SHOCKED to see how miserable Izzy was there. Shocked is an understatement. I was furious and mad and ticked off as much as a mommy can be. I felt like a Momma Bear who was ready to tear someone apart! All I could think to do was just swoop her up and take her belongings and leave that place as fast as I could.
...But I did the adult thing instead, and I took a deep breath instead, got down to play with Izzy and talk with the sitter. She is a sweet lady, but old fashioned, and seems to be set in her ways. She tells us that Izzy isn't sleeping over at her house and wants suggestions each day (we always respond with Izzy is routine, knows how to sleep if allowed to, and if she got sleep, she would be different, she needs to sleep away from the other noise & babies, and not in a bouncer or swing (Izzy never has slept in those places and I had previously told her that). I asked her to move Izzy's playpen to a different area of the home. She was not willing to budge on that. I'm like really? She's 8 months old and you think you can change her healthy sleep habits for terrible ones because that is more convient for you? Really? Am I not trusting you to do whats best for my daughter and PAYing you to do this? Really?
I just know Izzy would be a 100% different baby for her, sweet, happy, and playing independently like she does at home. Instead she tells me that Izzy is spoiled (which she thinks all babies are) and wants to be held always, otherwise she screams. Her solution is that she wants to keep Izzy more so she can help her get used to sleeping in this situation. Which is NOT going to happen. It ticks me off even more because I know Izzy is a great baby and I hate that someone thinks otherwise....
Talk about a bitter taste for a new mom's first experience to let my baby be watched outside the home! I have always hated daycare, and now more than ever I hate it, and I think its' ridiculous to let someone else watch your baby! I am definitely looking for another situation for Izzy to be watched. As soon as Robert graduates in May, there will be no more sitters for Izzy, that's for sure!
ps. Izzy comes home, is happy and plays, and sleeps hard - like 13 or 14 hrs each night after being with the Sitter. She can't keep her eyes open past 6pm on sitter days! bless her little heart!
Izzy is totally exhausted because she can't get sleep over there, and therefore, acting different. At home, Izzy takes 2 1 & 1/2 - 2 hr naps each day. Over there, she barely sleeps for 30 minutes a day. SO she is tired, cranky, and apparently is a completely different baby. I say no wonder with 2 other babies playing or eating, and the lights on! She is a curious baby and always checking out her surroundings.
We keep hearing that she doesn't crawl all over, wants to be held constantly and screams most of the day. Sound like my baby girl? I think NOT! She NEVER screams and she won't let you hold her and she is constantly on the go, playing by herself and into everything! Talk about a upsetting news for a mommy to hear!!
I sleep in the day so Robert has always dropped her off and picked her up. But on day #3, I went to get her and was SHOCKED to see how miserable Izzy was there. Shocked is an understatement. I was furious and mad and ticked off as much as a mommy can be. I felt like a Momma Bear who was ready to tear someone apart! All I could think to do was just swoop her up and take her belongings and leave that place as fast as I could.
...But I did the adult thing instead, and I took a deep breath instead, got down to play with Izzy and talk with the sitter. She is a sweet lady, but old fashioned, and seems to be set in her ways. She tells us that Izzy isn't sleeping over at her house and wants suggestions each day (we always respond with Izzy is routine, knows how to sleep if allowed to, and if she got sleep, she would be different, she needs to sleep away from the other noise & babies, and not in a bouncer or swing (Izzy never has slept in those places and I had previously told her that). I asked her to move Izzy's playpen to a different area of the home. She was not willing to budge on that. I'm like really? She's 8 months old and you think you can change her healthy sleep habits for terrible ones because that is more convient for you? Really? Am I not trusting you to do whats best for my daughter and PAYing you to do this? Really?
I just know Izzy would be a 100% different baby for her, sweet, happy, and playing independently like she does at home. Instead she tells me that Izzy is spoiled (which she thinks all babies are) and wants to be held always, otherwise she screams. Her solution is that she wants to keep Izzy more so she can help her get used to sleeping in this situation. Which is NOT going to happen. It ticks me off even more because I know Izzy is a great baby and I hate that someone thinks otherwise....
Talk about a bitter taste for a new mom's first experience to let my baby be watched outside the home! I have always hated daycare, and now more than ever I hate it, and I think its' ridiculous to let someone else watch your baby! I am definitely looking for another situation for Izzy to be watched. As soon as Robert graduates in May, there will be no more sitters for Izzy, that's for sure!
ps. Izzy comes home, is happy and plays, and sleeps hard - like 13 or 14 hrs each night after being with the Sitter. She can't keep her eyes open past 6pm on sitter days! bless her little heart!
That breaks my heart for you. Izzy is so sweet. I really hope you can find a way to get rest for yourself and do what is best for Izzy.
ReplyDeletewe're still looking, but for now I'm willing to go sleep deprived so Izzy doesn't.
ReplyDeleteGotta go get her things today, hope its not too akward!
i meant to ask you how it went getting her things part???
ReplyDelete