Valentines Day and a first sick experience = long weekend

Izzy was so pitiful all weekend and just wanted to be held and loved on. We didn't mind giving her extra lovin' but it's so weird to see her so tired and unactive.

Hope everyone had a happy Valentines Day...we did, BUT...
we spent most of the Valentines weekend worrying about our lil girl. Of course it was bound to happen, but its so hard when your baby is sick, especially for the first time.

We knew Izzy wasn't feeling that great from Wedsnesday on, but Saturday morning she had us really concerned with her upset stomach issues and lack of interest in eating. We attempted to hydrate her with Pedialyte in every way imaginable, but as soon as she smelled the stuff she'd clamp her little lips and turn away.

Projectile vomiting and blowouts is not a fun way to spend the day for parents or for little babies. I'm just thankful that 1. Izzy seems to have turned the corner and making improvements with liquid feedings 2. both Robert were home with her all of Friday, Saturday and Sunday too and 3. The doc isn't worried about her and says she should bounce back to her normal self in the next day or 2!

Saturday night was the worst with lack of eating and blowouts, but she went to bed early and slept all night. no peeps outa her whatsoever. I think we lucked out on that one! she woke up Sunday and was still exhausted and slept most of Valentines day too!

Although we were 2 very worried parents, Robert & I still got to celebrate V-Day by having a romantic candlelit dinner. Robert grilled bacon wrapped filet mignons, made yummy stuffed mushrooms (our new favorite treat) and I fried okra. I'm glad we had made plans to stay in because we were starving but also had time to relax and were able to take some time for just us, and we had a few hours with her sleeping soundly and that allowed us to not stress over our sick baby girl.

All I can say is that I am a lucky girl to have such a wonderful caring husband who loves me so much and who is also a great co-parent. I love you lots Robert!!

Comments

  1. sweet pics of you guys with Izzy. Glad you had a good V-day and hope Izzy bug gets feeling normal soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever