Food delima: not eating solids
So I thought that as baby gets older, they eat more, but Izzy has done the opposite in the past 2 weeks. (remember she was sick with stomach bug, had 4 teeth come in and a possible allergy?) fun, fun..Not! Since getting sick,she has REFUSED to eat any kind of cereal - rice, oatmeal or wheat mixed with my milk, juice(s), water or formula. She also barely touches her fruits and veggies. Instead she will suck her thumb in between bites. She pulls at her bib until it comes off and plays through most feedings. She has no problem taking liquid feedings, but now we are really running low on my milk supply! we thought it was a temporary bump, but she is not progressing like we thought she would.
So we're stumped, and trying lots of new things. We got her some "puffs" snacks, which she absolutely loves. So I give her a banana puff, then sqeeze in a bite of cereal, then repeat x 20 times!! it seems nuts to me, but I'm wanting to make sure she is getting enough! its encouraging to see her eat something at least!
Also, over the weekend we went to AR to visit Grammy & Grandpa Voyles, which was fun, and Izzy got to try one of Grammy's homemade cheesesticks. lets just say she could live on cheese breadsticks. Izzy ATE it all up and then some! maybe she just wants table food? I guess we will just keep experimenting and see how she does!
So we're stumped, and trying lots of new things. We got her some "puffs" snacks, which she absolutely loves. So I give her a banana puff, then sqeeze in a bite of cereal, then repeat x 20 times!! it seems nuts to me, but I'm wanting to make sure she is getting enough! its encouraging to see her eat something at least!
Also, over the weekend we went to AR to visit Grammy & Grandpa Voyles, which was fun, and Izzy got to try one of Grammy's homemade cheesesticks. lets just say she could live on cheese breadsticks. Izzy ATE it all up and then some! maybe she just wants table food? I guess we will just keep experimenting and see how she does!
Comments
Post a Comment