back up to Marks Graduation

I'm a bit behind on posts, not for lack of things to blog about, but mostly because May is ridiculously busy and this year is no exception. I'll write about that later though.

My wonderful family celebrating with Mark.
 
Posted by Picasa

Last weekend, my brother Mark, graduated with his masters, and is officially a MSW. CONGRATS Mark! ...After graduating from undergrad, he was one of many who were unable to secure a job and not sure what to do, he decided to continue his education a year later. So he spent the last year going after one of his dreams and he accomplished getting his masters. I am proud of him and hope he is able to find a fulfilling job soon! We know so many unemployed friends and especially family who need jobs and I hope and PRAY that each of them finds a job very soon! (Robert is included in that list now too!)

We made a last minute decision to squeeze the trip to Nashville in. Izzy was sick (recovering from ear infection and on antibiotics. on Saturday, she had numerous blowouts), so I wasn't sure we'd make it. We did though. (no issues with Izzy, thankfully), but not in time for the actual ceremony. Sorry Mark. Life's a bit different with a baby, esp when they are sick.

Izzy is really interesting in dogs. Sophie is not so interested in children, but that didn't slow Izzy down, she was constantly trying to pet her! pretty cute!

My sister and her husband were ending up their crazy road trip weekend with visiting numerous family, wedding, and also the graduation party. I was so thankful to see them, even if for a bit because it's been 5 months since we saw them! We really enjoyed the evening with family and a delicious BBQ meal Mark & Mom planned. Robert was the grill guy and loved that -we loved the ribs & chicken! Izzy had an absolute blast roaming around the house with all the people and pushing a toy car. Mark had fun pushing her around. I think the general consensus was we, as a family all look forward to a time when we live super close and these get-togethers' aren't as brief! And that should be in a few months, which as we left made us pretty excited to think about!

Comments

  1. can't wait to see you guys once a month {at least} instead of a few times a year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen! I want Izzy to know her family.
    we will need to find a good coffee shop and breakfast spot to go and hang out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever