time to celebrate Izzy's birthday!
I can hardly believe it, but Izzy is almost 1! Since the Stewarts have not been able to see Izzy much, we decided to have an early birthday party for her and have all the family come by. Izzy had an awesome day, and I'm pretty sure everyone fell in love with her and enjoyed watching her play so hard!
Here are a few highlights from the day.
Izzy spent the morning playing outside with Papa, mostly walking around the porch, I know at one point, they were watering the flowers and then Izzy played in the hose too and had to lose her pants.
Aunt Mer and I ran around getting decorations and Mim prepared the food for the party while Izzy played in her crib and skipped her nap. I was nervous about how tired she was, but I got her up right before family arrived. Luckily she did pretty good because there was so much going on!
Izzy went nuts when she saw her birthday cupcake balloon and kept trying to reach for it and hug it. She popped several small balloons (I know it's a choking hazard, but we watched closely) now we know she really loves balloons.
She was dressed in a cute flower overall outfit and spent more time outside. She looked like a country girl and she really loved to be outside. Her feet and knees were dirty, but it was absolutely precious anyways.
As each family member came up to the porch, she'd stare at them for a minute or two, then start grinning and play with them too. She really is such a charmer.
She had her first hot dog and she walked around the living room playing with her Papa and her great uncles and watched 5 dogs run circles around her and the house!
For presents, she sat for the first few (She got a TON of adorable outfits that I can't wait to try on her) and lots of toys too! Izzy seemed to enjoy a purple gift bag for the time :)
Then it was cake time! BMa made Izzy a very sweet pretty pink cake and Izzy really enjoyed it. She was slightly cautious for a minute while we sang and blew out her candle. She started carefully removing the little white flowers and letter one by one, then she eventually crammed her hands in and then tried to eat the cake face first, no hands! Then she managed to push the top part off and smash the bottom portion too. She actually ate quite a bit for such a little girl! Now we know she enjoys sweet things too!
We stripped her down and took her out to the porch and put her in a tin tub with (cold) water! She absoluetly loved that too. She spent a good 20 minutes splashing in there, playing with the hose, sitting and standing in the water. Dogs were running around and family was watching her, and she just seemed like everything was very normal! She also drank a ton of water from the hose and tub. She was cold and shivering, but did not want to get out. I eventually pulled her out and dried her off. I figured she'd be ready for bed after 2 1/2 hours of partying, but she was still going strong!
So, out on the porch we went again and she played some more with all the family!
I was wiped out and very surprised she wasn't falling asleep playing, but she loves to be where the action is!
She eventually went down for a 2 hour nap and woke up gearing to go again - and played hard for several more hours.
I thought I would be very sad that "my baby" is all grown up, but it was a really fun day. I love watching her grow and enjoy new things and I love that she is so happy and friendly. I am honored to be her momma and I can't wait for more birthdays with her!
Here are a few highlights from the day.
Izzy spent the morning playing outside with Papa, mostly walking around the porch, I know at one point, they were watering the flowers and then Izzy played in the hose too and had to lose her pants.
Aunt Mer and I ran around getting decorations and Mim prepared the food for the party while Izzy played in her crib and skipped her nap. I was nervous about how tired she was, but I got her up right before family arrived. Luckily she did pretty good because there was so much going on!
Izzy went nuts when she saw her birthday cupcake balloon and kept trying to reach for it and hug it. She popped several small balloons (I know it's a choking hazard, but we watched closely) now we know she really loves balloons.
She was dressed in a cute flower overall outfit and spent more time outside. She looked like a country girl and she really loved to be outside. Her feet and knees were dirty, but it was absolutely precious anyways.
As each family member came up to the porch, she'd stare at them for a minute or two, then start grinning and play with them too. She really is such a charmer.
She had her first hot dog and she walked around the living room playing with her Papa and her great uncles and watched 5 dogs run circles around her and the house!
For presents, she sat for the first few (She got a TON of adorable outfits that I can't wait to try on her) and lots of toys too! Izzy seemed to enjoy a purple gift bag for the time :)
Then it was cake time! BMa made Izzy a very sweet pretty pink cake and Izzy really enjoyed it. She was slightly cautious for a minute while we sang and blew out her candle. She started carefully removing the little white flowers and letter one by one, then she eventually crammed her hands in and then tried to eat the cake face first, no hands! Then she managed to push the top part off and smash the bottom portion too. She actually ate quite a bit for such a little girl! Now we know she enjoys sweet things too!
We stripped her down and took her out to the porch and put her in a tin tub with (cold) water! She absoluetly loved that too. She spent a good 20 minutes splashing in there, playing with the hose, sitting and standing in the water. Dogs were running around and family was watching her, and she just seemed like everything was very normal! She also drank a ton of water from the hose and tub. She was cold and shivering, but did not want to get out. I eventually pulled her out and dried her off. I figured she'd be ready for bed after 2 1/2 hours of partying, but she was still going strong!
So, out on the porch we went again and she played some more with all the family!
I was wiped out and very surprised she wasn't falling asleep playing, but she loves to be where the action is!
She eventually went down for a 2 hour nap and woke up gearing to go again - and played hard for several more hours.
I thought I would be very sad that "my baby" is all grown up, but it was a really fun day. I love watching her grow and enjoy new things and I love that she is so happy and friendly. I am honored to be her momma and I can't wait for more birthdays with her!
Comments
Post a Comment