Starting to wean


Enough said. I have finally decided the time has come to start weaning Izzy. She will be a year soon (YIKES!) She is healthy, she is happy and I am proud of myself for making it this long while working! It was my long term goal to nurse for a yearm which it looks like we just about made it. I really thought she'd just self-wean, but the girl eats so much and is still very content to nurse. I doubt I'm meeting her needs at this point though. Also the next 2-3 weeks before her birthday are going to be crazy busy and I just feel like it will be a hassle (for once) to try to keep it up.
So today I nursed her for the last time. It was bittersweet. I will miss my quiet time with her and I'm reminded of how she is growing up. But I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to "the Pump!" and having a bit more freedom with going out, and not having to run and pump in an empty room on a quick break at work - that is very stressful for me to plan in between laboring patients, etc!
I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to nurse her and that I have had virtually zero problems with it - I know I am very lucky because it is no easy task! I really have enjoyed it and love the fact that she has been so healthy (not to mention all the money we've saved on formula!)
So in the next few days and weeks, I hope I do not have too many problems or too much pain. I'm a little nervous about that, but hopefully the transition will go smoothly. we shall see. But if I'm around you and I'm a bit on edge or cranky, you'll know why!
If any moms have any advice for helping me with this process, I'd love to hear from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever