Grown up overnight...

May has arrived - the start of our busiest 2 months of the year...and Izzy seems to have no trouble keeping up with our busy pace.

It's crazy, but it seems Izzy has changed overnight. I can't put my finger on it, but suddenly she seems so "grown-up" or at least toddler-ish. I'm sad to say, she does not seem like a baby anymore to me.

We have always called her "Busy Izzy" because she has moved constantly from the time she was in the womb. Literally. But this week, she has suddenly become even more busy (it doesn't seem possible, but she keeps surprising us!) and she seems more adventerous. These days, she is into EVERYthing. She is actually become more keen of her surroundings and man, she just keeps proving to us how SMART she is!

Getting SOO big, but she still has her sweet smile!
 
Posted by Picasa

She knows every spot in the house she should not go to, and goes to those places, while watching us watch her. and she grins, then runs away. If she sees an open door, she drops to her knees and speed crawls over to it to see what she can get into without mom & dad around!
Climbing into her toy box isn't fun enough. She has to climb over it to get to the electrical cords to have some real fun!
 
Posted by Picasa

She can climb over things, under things, and through her toys and the coffee table! If there is anything in her path, she'll find a way to get through and get what she wants... I'm thankful that she at least has learned to go feet first when getting off the couch. Actually, I'm impressed with her cautiousness - she does not like to fall or get hurt. I'm sure that is why she hasn't taken more than 4 steps at once on her own - she's been "almost walking" for 3 months now!
Going over everything!
 
Posted by Picasa

She no longer wants to sit in her high chair or car seat- she arches her back when we put her in her chairs. She will eat her food -if she gets to feed herself. But we have been working harder to get her food down her instead of all over her! She is very good at using her sippycup, and that makes me happy. As far as the car goes, once she is buckled in, she does very well with carrides! (so glad, because we have a 15 hr carride the end of may!!)

She is also good at letting me know when she is done nursing. I am pretty sure the nursing days will be over within a few days or weeks at the most. and I'm okay with that at this point.

She refuses to lay still for a diaper change. It's as if she becomes another person entirely for a diaper changing experience. Then once we manage to strap everything on, she is back to her usual happy smiley self. but it's a wrangling match for sure!

She throws herself backwards when she gets mad or doesn't get her way. We just watch her and then she stops, but I hate that she gets so upset!

Izzy walks around the house like a big girl now! I'm so glad she is full of confidence!
 
Posted by Picasa

She gave up her morning nap and is down to just 1 nap. I'm convinced she doesn't want to miss out time with her cool parents! ;) She acts tired before her nap and bedtime though. I'm hoping she will start napping longer in the afternoons. She sleeps harder than ever at night and is up to 12 straight hours. I like her sleeping 8-8am!!

She has gotten into watching her Baby Einstein movies - and laughs out loud - a lot, esp at the puppets. It's adorable. She also sits and chuckles to herself when playing or looking at her toys and enjoys when people play peek-a-boo or other surprising games with her.

She is learning to identify things when we say "where's the fan? or ball?" she looks at those objects! And she knows how to make the touchdown gesture!

She is enjoying books more and sits still for us to read. (if they are her favorite ones at least!) She seems to be a bookworm like her Grandparents and Aunt Cheree.

She is 10 3/4 months old and she is full or energy and loves life. Man if only Robert & I could bottle it up and enjoy some of that energy!!
I am excited to continue watching her personality blossom and her abilities to grow in leaps and bounds! Being a mom is pretty fun. Exhausting, but fun! I love my busy Izzy!
And I'm glad she still gives me big kisses!
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Of course you guys are "cool parents." I am so glad you are keeping up with writing, I feel like I would be missing so much without your notes. I hope Miss Busy Izzy keeps up with the reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever