Kicking off summer!
We are enjoying warmer temps (but not too warm yet!)and of course sonic trips too.
Izzy is a big fan of strawberry limeaids. smart girl.
sleepy girl, somewhat exhausted from our busy month!
Here is a recap of our extremly busy month of May and why I look tired or why you haven't heard from me.
May 1st: I celebrated my 27th birthday as Robert graduated with his MFT. we also had tornados and virtually no sleep this weekend - but who cares! Robert graduated!!! His parents and aunts came for the weekend
National nurses' week :) reminded of how my hard work is totally worth it because I love what I do!
May 9th: my 1st Mothers'Day
May 16th: Mark graduated with his MSW in Nasvhille. had family coming and going all weekend
May 22nd: Robert and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.
In betwen the big festivities of the weekend we have also: worked normal hours (but things have been insane at work, leaving me completely wiped out), started packing up our apartment, researched jobs/applied for numerous jobs online, had a job interview each, making plans to move, telling our boss/friends, etc we're moving, got together with several friends for dinner, Izzy fought her first ear infection and virus, cut 2 teeth, starting walking, climbing, getting into cabinets, and eating more table food and now weaning from nursing.
I'm sure there is a lot more, but all that to say, I feel like I've barely been able to breathe this month with all that is going on. I am used to a fast pace, but for some reason this month has seemed so much more hectic.
On top of that we learned that my Grandpa (my only Grandfather) has colon cancer. He has had issues for several months, but was finally diagosed and is scheduled to have surgery soon. He lives in Ontario, Canada, a good 16 hour drive (without a baby). My extended family was scheduled to have a family reunion on Memorial Day weekend in Ohio but due to his surgery and potential need to have medical care, the family decided to postpone our annual get together until Grandpa is doing better. Please keep him in your prayers! I know that everything is in God's hands, but it has hard when a loved one lives so far away and is going through something so serious. I wish we lived nearby and that I could go visit for the weekend. I pray the surgery is all he needs, and I know that God will take care of him, no matter what. He is a good man and a blessing to everyone in our family. I hope that when the family reunion is planned we can make it and I can see my family all together again this year.
Therefore, we've had a change of plans for the upcoming weekend. I scheduled 8 days off for Memorial Day, so we are taking the opportunity to head south to Florida to see the Stewarts. They are thrilled. We plan on doing a mini 1st birthday celebration for Izzy, meet up with Robert's extended family, hope to go to the beach, and hopefully a get-away for Robert & Me too at some point.
And that is our summer kick-off! I plan on having fun in the sun with miss Izzy and Robert too! can't wait!
Izzy is a big fan of strawberry limeaids. smart girl.
sleepy girl, somewhat exhausted from our busy month!
Here is a recap of our extremly busy month of May and why I look tired or why you haven't heard from me.
May 1st: I celebrated my 27th birthday as Robert graduated with his MFT. we also had tornados and virtually no sleep this weekend - but who cares! Robert graduated!!! His parents and aunts came for the weekend
National nurses' week :) reminded of how my hard work is totally worth it because I love what I do!
May 9th: my 1st Mothers'Day
May 16th: Mark graduated with his MSW in Nasvhille. had family coming and going all weekend
May 22nd: Robert and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.
In betwen the big festivities of the weekend we have also: worked normal hours (but things have been insane at work, leaving me completely wiped out), started packing up our apartment, researched jobs/applied for numerous jobs online, had a job interview each, making plans to move, telling our boss/friends, etc we're moving, got together with several friends for dinner, Izzy fought her first ear infection and virus, cut 2 teeth, starting walking, climbing, getting into cabinets, and eating more table food and now weaning from nursing.
I'm sure there is a lot more, but all that to say, I feel like I've barely been able to breathe this month with all that is going on. I am used to a fast pace, but for some reason this month has seemed so much more hectic.
On top of that we learned that my Grandpa (my only Grandfather) has colon cancer. He has had issues for several months, but was finally diagosed and is scheduled to have surgery soon. He lives in Ontario, Canada, a good 16 hour drive (without a baby). My extended family was scheduled to have a family reunion on Memorial Day weekend in Ohio but due to his surgery and potential need to have medical care, the family decided to postpone our annual get together until Grandpa is doing better. Please keep him in your prayers! I know that everything is in God's hands, but it has hard when a loved one lives so far away and is going through something so serious. I wish we lived nearby and that I could go visit for the weekend. I pray the surgery is all he needs, and I know that God will take care of him, no matter what. He is a good man and a blessing to everyone in our family. I hope that when the family reunion is planned we can make it and I can see my family all together again this year.
Therefore, we've had a change of plans for the upcoming weekend. I scheduled 8 days off for Memorial Day, so we are taking the opportunity to head south to Florida to see the Stewarts. They are thrilled. We plan on doing a mini 1st birthday celebration for Izzy, meet up with Robert's extended family, hope to go to the beach, and hopefully a get-away for Robert & Me too at some point.
And that is our summer kick-off! I plan on having fun in the sun with miss Izzy and Robert too! can't wait!

Comments
Post a Comment