Its Beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Or at least a Winter Wonderland....We got 4" of snow this weekend and that has been excited to get us all psyched for Christmas. Unfortunately, I worked this weekend which meant time away from Robert and Izzy...but with the blanket of snow that fell over Nashville, it allowed for Robert to get a snow day Monday and stay home with us for an extended weekend.
However, Baptist Hospital didn't post they were closing (bummer for me!) so in to work I had to go. Nashville hadn't done anything to the roads and with the temps dropping and snow falling hard I had a very tough time getting to work. Mark had been over and he called to say he spun out and hit the concrete barrier on I-40 prior to me leaving for work. So I opted to leave early and take Robert's truck. Going slow on the interstate was fine, but once I hit downtown on the main roads, I ran into trouble myself. I ended up fishtailing all over, did a 360 on church street then hitting the sidewalk...but thankfully no damage done to the truck and I was fine too. I could hardly make it up the hill the last block to my hospital. Turns out the nurses from Boston, Ohio and Me (who has driven in snow in Canada some) were the only ones to have fenderbends on the way in. That may be because the majority of other girls had their fathers, spouses or friends drive them in...but us northern girls are also used to the city addressing the roads so I guess that's why we were the lucky ones to have had road incidents that night.
Driving home was a lot better on the main roads, but our neighborhood was almost impossible to get into. My whole body had been tensed for the hour drive home and so by the time I was trying to make it up the last 3 hills, I just couldn't do it. I got out to walk up the hill (with a few bags of groceries I'd picked up too) but took a few steps and started dancing on the ice...and I was frozen after 4 minutes outside with only my thin scrubs and coat on! One of our neighbors, 60 yrs old, saw me struggling and came out and drove me home. It took him several tries, but in the end I made it home safe and sound. I soaked in the jet tub and then layed in bed or the coach most of the day after that. I am very thankful I made it home safely to my family. Izzy was happy too!
I'm really excited because Izzy likes the snow a lot better this year and we have a hill in our yard to do some sledding, so that is on our to do list for tomorrow now that I'm rested up! Can't wait!
Very nice to have snow 12 days before Christmas, but I'm hoping it snows on Christmas again!
your house looks great lit up with the snow! glad that Robert got to stay home an extra day. our snow was just a light covering. happy you didn't have any major car troubles (thankful for your neighbor). too bad about Mark having a fender bender :(
ReplyDelete