Short weekend

Izzy's lingering cold and constant snotty nose had turned into an ear infection. We realized that when she wanted to sit in our lap and be held, which is so NOT her personality. Thankfully she is still eating and sleeping just fine. I got her into the Ped on Friday and on antibiotics. Only her second ear infection ever, so we're counting our blessings for her good health.

I worked Friday night and was on call Saturday (called in since there were only 8 nurses scheduled. of course). But in between we managed to squeeze in going to my work Christmas party for the night shift crew. It was fun, especially to see coworkers not in their scrubs as well as their families too. Izzy loved all the kids and kept hugging one little girl. It was sweet. Santa made an appearance there too and Izzy did great sitting on his lap and opening a gift from Santa - a cute little snowman which she loved. It was tough to say goodbye to Robert and Izzy for the 4th night that week, but I'm glad for the on call pay to have some extra Christmas money!

Sitting with Santa Claus! Izzy did great with him, but kept sucking her thumb. (It was kinda late for her)
Opening up a present with Santa
Izzy knows exactly how to open presents this year!
And this is when Izzy was eating both a brownie and a cookie at the same time - quickly too!
I came home at 4:30 in the morning, slept 3 hours, then got up so we could all go visit a new church. We're still looking for a church home and when you have to work so many weekends, it makes church hunting tough! On our way to church we realized there were snow flurries falling - getting my hopes up that maybe we'll have a white Christmas this year!
After church, we enjoyed a quick lunch at Fazoli's (I had a coupon!) I love Italian food, and apparently so does Izzy. She did great sitting in the booster seat for the first time too. Izzy and I had a nap after lunch and then we were all just lazy for the rest of the Sunday afternoon and evening. We enjoyed hot chocolate, our Christmas tree and playing with Izzy. Once Izzy was tucked in bed, I convinced Robert to set up the laptop in the bathroom so we could watch our shows online. And I soaked in the tub until I looked like a raisin! Great way to unwind after a whirlwind weekend!
Watching the snow falling
working on her ice skating moves!

Hoping for more time with my family next weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Closer than ever