Merry Christmas Eve
Izzy enjoyed Santa again this year at the Bass Pro Shop! I love it that you can go and see Santa (for free) and I get to take my own photos. Social miss Izzy didn't even notice that she was sitting in Santa's lap - she just couldn't figure out why we were suddenly taking a million pictures. No huge smile, but no meltdown either. Santa got a kick out of her when he asked for a high five and Izzy accidently bonked him on the nose. Oops. I'm glad she loves people, even Santa!
Christmas Eve night we were going to host a small family get-together at the house. I came down with some random stomach bug and missed out on the 2 hours of visiting that I was hoping to get before work. Of course, Robert and Mom cooked dinner (I'm constantly counting my blessings for those 2!) and everyone got to hang out together. I was in bed trying to rest, and then had to force myself to get up to go to work. I know it's not about the actual day, but I really hate that I will always have to work holidays as a nurse. Going to work I about cried every hour until midnight. Then I started looking forward to Christmas morning with Izzy. That helped me get through the rest of the night.
So that is how our Christmas Eve went! Hope everyone had a good time with famiy, no matter where they were. And if you weren't with family, then I feel your pain. Merry Christmas!!
Izzy at the Bass Pro Shop - the girl loved all the animals of course, even the furry hat ones!
Comments
Post a Comment